We have five bee hives. They are all in the first year.
The first one here I refer to as the "swarm-trap hive" because that was its original purpose. My friend Forrest caught a swam in a cardboard box. I decided to put it in the swarm-trap and see how it would do if I left it in there.
This next hive I refer to as the "Blue Ribbon Hive". I installed a package from the "Fat Bee Man" into this hive at the very end of winter.
This hive I refer to as the "Heart Hive" or "Queenie". This is because when I installed the package this winter, the queen was DOA. The Fat Bee Man's son graciously sent me a replacement queen.
This one I call the "spiral hive". This hive is kind of a Frankenstein. In late April I installed a Langstroth nuc into this hive, but it isn't a langstroth hive. So the first half of the hive are the typical Langstroth frames and the second half of the hive are "deep" foundation less frames.
This one I call the "short-cut hive". It is because of the way I made it. I was running out of time the day before I had to pick up the nucs from Blue Ridge. So ended up gluing the three main sections together, skipping the support pieces I included in the "spiral hive". So far so good! It is way "bearding" now.