Den 12 meeting Agenda
1. Select new DENNER
2. New DENNER will lead pledge of allegiance and scout law
3. Announcements: Cave trip, cake decorating
4. Talk time: “In what ways did the first responders you met last month serve as models for good citizenship? What did you learn from their example?”
5. “Who can tell us something about the first responders outing?”
6. “What do you think First Aid really means?”
7. Divide the Webelos into teams of two or three. Present with the following scenarios; give the teams two minutes to huddle and decide on an answer. Then they will share with the rest of the den:
7. A. There has been an accident! What must you do to help? You are told to get help in an emergency. How will you do that?
7. C. Someone asks you to call 911 or the emergency number in your area. What are the main things you must tell the 911 operator?
8. Hurry cases. Divide the Webelos into teams of two or three. The teams will rotate through stations representing the five hurry cases … so they can learn how to cope with each emergency.
8. A - bleeding person
8. B - person having a heart attack
8. C - person’s breathing has stopped
8. D - person having a stroke
8. E - empty pill bottle is found near a person who is vomiting severely
8. F - Someone eating, then suddenly seems unable to speak and raises his hand to his throat
8. G - Accident victim shows symptoms of shock: cool and clammy skin, nausea, and feeling faint.
Closing circle. Snacks. Friendship circle. Have each scout mention a way that first responders are helpful or brave.
Do at home project: work with families to establish a simple emergency plan: fire, other emergency.
Thomas and Sharon Yun! You'll notice that this page was originally about Legos. But now it is about Cub Scouts! Leaving Bodhi's original "about" in parentheses for archival purposes. (hi I'm bodhi I really wanting to share this awesome adventure of lego with really cool characters so have a fun time watching these videos there really fun)